Deathwalker Training is for everyone and the perfect training to start with.
Whether you are dying, caring for someone (or will be), or enhancing your personal or professional skills, this training provides educational and real experiential resources on the aspects and processes involved in the role of a Deathwalker. This includes Doula work and much more and is tailored to empower you and those around you to be informed, and have an optimal experience through dying, death and bereavement stages.
A person who:
- walks their own journey towards their death as openly, courageously and as best they can.
- walks with or accompanies others, in their death or bereavement journey to encourage and empower them to be as open, courageous and the best they can. Offering guidance to encourage and empower everyone.
10 modules; 3.5 hours (available for 30 days from date of purchase)
You will understand:
- wake up, and strengthen your inherent capacity to do dying, death and bereavement well
- the aspects and possibilities of the continual care role of a Deathwalker or primary carer
- the stages involved in the continuum of illness, dying, death, after-death care, body disposal, ceremony, loss & bereavement
- the importance and benefits of advocacy and the preparation of legal paperwork involved before and after death
- how to better communicate with the dying person and the bereaved
- what is needed and involved in caring for a dying person at home
- what the signs are when someone is close to death
- the options available for after-death body care and disposal
- how to be comfortable with loss and have a healthier bereavement
- how to charge a fair and sustainable fee for your services
Introduction to Deathwalking
Core elements & self care
Continuum of life
Death & loss
Ways to die
Preparation & advocacy
The dying process
At death & after-death care
Shrouding, coffining & disposal
Funeral arrangement options
- Charging fees
What people say...
Explore our other training options and find out which one is right for you.
Consultation & Celebrancy Training
If you are attracted to be a death or funeral Celebrant, others think you will make a great one, or are an existing Celebrant who wants to deepen your understanding and enrich your capacity, this comprehensive training is for you.
Building on structure and content, delve deeper to more courageously craft your language and approach to create healing ceremonies involving complex and challenging deaths. Recommended only for those who have completed the Consultation & Ceremony Training or the equivalent in-person training with Zenith Virago as it builds on the knowledge gained in those trainings.
Subscribe to our newsletter to be informed of news, updates, and more.